Districts are the de facto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction takes place. The eDistrict project was conceptualised to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen.
Front-ends under the scheme would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of eDistrict services.
Indicative services planned to be delivered through this MMP include:
- Certificates: Application and Online Issue of certificates (Digitally Signed) for income, domicile, caste, Birth, Death etc.
- Licences and Permits: Arms License Renewal, Permits for Rallies, Weddings etc.
- Public Distribution System (PDS): Issue of Ration Card, Addition / Modification of Members etc
- Social Welfare Schemes: Application for Old Age, Widow and Handicap Pensions and Issue of Pension Cards etc.
- Complaints: Related to unfair prices, absentee teachers, non-availability of doctor, etc. (through the CPGRAMS)
- RTI: Online filing and receipt of information relating to the Right to Information Act
- Sale Deed , Gift Deed registration